Tuesday

Prologue :: Story of my Life

My name is Ivy.

You may think that someone with my sort of name gets pen-named "Poison Ivy" all the time. But to tell you the truth. I don't.

Sure, there are the times my friends joke around and call me by that name, but the truth is that although everyone I know is far too lazy and forgetful to use that name often enough so that it would stick. I actually get called "Ivy . . . poison Ivy" far more than the former, but if you're looking for a rock-solid name which I get all the time.

Then feel free to call me "The White-Haired Demon"

You may think that this name is regarded to me as "rude" or "cruel" but from a long time ago I let those names fly and I began to refer myself by that title. As if it's something I should be proud of. My friends look at my sceptically when I sign onto Twitter with that name. They're not friends with Twitter anyway, they look at it and think that it's a device used as an excuse to blabber on and on about things that no body cares about.

"Like blogs," Amber had said. "Who writes in blogs anyway?"

That's why I'm not telling them about this. I can picture what the reactions on their faces would be like. First Amber would say, "Oh, my God," and she'll shake her head at me and say, "I thought you were supposed to be the one with the walls?" (I'll get to explaining that later). And Brock will just nod and agree with her, "Ivy, blogs are pathetic. Only intellectual dweebs use it." And then the rest of our day will be wasted on explaining to him that he is an intellectual dweeb.
He won't listen, though. He has a twisted idea that he is James Bond.

That would explain the suits.

Ahh. I can see it in your eyes; you want to know how and why I am referred to as "White haired" and "Demon". It's something I've been kind of avoiding, but when I took that name as my user ID I had promised myself I was going to be honest and I wouldn't care what people thought.

So you might have already guessed, or saw my pictures. But I have white hair … and white eyes.

I have no idea how I got it. My family are all red headed with green eyes and suddenly BAMB their daughter has white hair and demonic eyes, it's odd, and I've been to a number of different schools and towns where people look at me and they block me out because I look different.

But, of course, I still have Amber and Brock.

I first met Amber when I started boarding school at the age of ten, there were only a few people in my grade and we were forced as partners for a sack race. But no body wanted to be my partner. There was one girl who was absolutely horrid to me and before I could defend myself Amber had swooped in and announced, loudly, that she'd me my partner.
We befriended Brock very much the same way. Brock comes from a posh family and dresses in a suit with a long, black coat, he has broad shoulders and a musclier body which is why he is so large, and as soon as the other kids started paying out his accent Amber and I swooped in to save him.

You can say we became friends out of a pity party. But we've never been separated since.

"Ivy!" That's Amber, slamming her slender hands into the locked door of my dorm. She's not used to being locked out, I can imagine that any moment she'll be attempting to climb through the window.

I suppose then I should better go.
Before she finds this, of course.
Until next time.



Story of my Life.

Email | Facebook | Twitter

17 comments:

Amanda said...

Follow me. I'm following you.

Kirsty said...

OMG! OMG! I love this! At first I thought that it was just a story blog and then I read your "About Me" page and I saw what you wrote about making it a recount.
That is so kool and creative!

Can't wait to read more.

XX

The White Haired Demon said...

@Amanda

Yikes, would a smiley face hurt?

Beelzebub said...

Too cool for school!

Natallie said...

This is great! i love how you mixed it so that it's sort of like a story blog but it actually happened. i've always sort of wanted to make one of those but i'm far too embarrassed to make straight out recounts of my life. so i'm looking forward to reading yours!

Shaunta said...

My best-friend has white hair, although it's not natural, which is stupid because people would die their hair white and then pay out you for having white hair naturally? So rude. I love this, keep it up.

Hannahbelle :D said...

Love this, can't wait to read more. But I have a question : Is this a story blog or are you actually writing everything like in story?

NeeLai said...

is this a true story? about your self?

i love your blog hun, really! :) and i love you too for who you are :) muah! :)

Anonymous said...

Hey your blog is sick!!!(awesome) and you attitude is to I saw your pic and your really pretty!! :) i don't know why anybody would think your to different

Pramudita Puspita said...

don't worry about being different! What would makes this world interesting if we are all the same??
thanks for following me, I've just follow you back :)

Shannon ( '_' ) said...

Wow, I love how you wrote this, It's awesome!

Sweet_but_Deadly said...

very good! keep posting!
I would love it if you follow me. :)
but is this your life blog or a story blog? but it is still amazing

Jing said...

I love it. GREAT post. I think you need to give me some tips on blogging. :) Great job.

Jenna said...

OH MY GOSH POST AGAIN THIS IS AMAZING.
I love the Brock story about being James Bond!! Hilarious :D
My brother is fair has red hair and blue eyes and me and my whole family have olive skin, dark brown eyes and dark brown hair. Genetics work in weird ways.
Your new follower,
Jen

John Buchanan said...

This is a very stylish and entertaining blog - excellent, oh and more please?

Ivy Black said...

I'll get some more chapters down soon guys. I'm just having trouble with my USB drive :/

<3 Ivy

wijayakusuma said...

nice blog
please visit me back at http://mbadig.com
tegards